GOETZE’S CARAMEL CREAMS® CELEBRATE 100 YEARS
Iconic American Treat Maintains Nostalgic Caramel Flavor for Generations
BALTIMORE (April 2, 2018)-- Goetze’s Candy Company, Inc., a manufacturer of caramel products produced in the U.S., today announces that 2018 marks the 100th anniversary of the brand’s nostalgic candy, Caramel Creams®. The fifth generation family-owned business owes much of its success to Caramel Creams, a product the company has always manufactured in Maryland.
The Chronicle of Caramel Creams:
● Founded in 1895, as the Baltimore Chewing Gum Company, the family-run business begins making sweet treats in Maryland.
● In 1917, the family makes "chuees" (Caramel Creams without the center) out of their kitchen.
● Caramel Creams make their debut in 1918, often referred to as Bulls-Eyes® due to the unique round shape of the caramel with a white center.● The company dedicates production to Caramel Creams in the 1940s and renames the business Goetze’s Candy Company.
● The product evolves over the mid-1900’s, including the addition of new flavors and increased distribution.
● In 1984, Goetze’s Candy Company launches a new brand of chewy caramel called Cow Tales®.
● Today, the Goetze family continues to lead the business, introduce new products, improve production and incorporate technology into everyday operations.
Goetze’s continues to maintain the family tradition with the same flavors from 100 years ago—winning over the taste buds of generations, from great-grandparents to great-grandchildren. Caramel Creams are made with real milk and a unique wheat-based formulation that delivers a delicious, chewy texture with a cream center. Nut-free and made with a trans-fat free formula, Caramel Creams are available in six flavors—“original” vanilla, chocolate, “original” chocolate, strawberry, apple, and licorice.
To celebrate the anniversary, Goetze’s is gifting one lucky winner with a year’s supply of Caramel Creams. To enter to win, text 100th along with your email to 63566. Entry details and rules can be found here. Goetze’s also invites fans to get nostalgic and share their favorite memories and photos of Caramel Creams using #CaramelCreams100th.
“We are thrilled to be able to celebrate this exciting milestone not only as a brand, but also as a family,” said Mitchell Goetze, CEO of Goetze’s Candy Co., Inc. “We’re grateful for over a century of dedication from our Goetze’s team and for ongoing love and support from our customers who continue to appreciate our unique combination of caramel and cream they have come to enjoy for generations.”
For more information about Caramel Creams or Goetze’s Candy Company, Inc., visit www.goetzecandy.com.
About Goetze’s Candy Co., Inc.
Goetze’s Candy is a fifth generation, family-owned company located in downtown Baltimore, MD. Founded in 1895, we are celebrating 123 years of making sweet treats in the USA. Since the 1940’s, our staple product has been Caramel Creams®—a soft, chewy caramel wrapped around a decadent cream center—a tasty, iconic American treat. In 1984, Goetze’s Candy introduced Cow Tales®, an elongated version of the classic Caramel Creams.